Sunday, November 1, 2009

Plants

I've just finished watering my houseplants. That's recently become quite the ordeal. First, I started collecting Hoyas in earnest. I had been a casual collector until recently. I inherited a bunch of plants from a friend of mine a few weeks ago and then I got my grandmother's Hoya and her Sansevieria (Snake Plant). This has sparked a renewed interest in horticulture and all that. I've been on GardenWeb.com and have learned a TON and I discovered a really neat blog: Plants Are The Strangest People. He's got a list of other fun plant related blogs that I haven't checked out yet but I'm sure they're cool too. My lesson for this week was, "Soil matters". Lots of plants are particular about the kind of soil they like to live in and more often than not, it isn't sold in a bag. You have to mix it yourself. I used to think people who did this were crazy but now I'm not sure. Are they not actually crazy or have I become one of the crazies? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment