Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Yesterday after work I pretty much planted my butt in front of the TV and didn't move until I went to bed. It rocked. I felt much better today.

Today at work we were really slow so the bindery department (all 4 of us) went to see how the new building is coming along. Work just bought this gigantic building a couple of blocks away. Somehow they managed to make it seem smaller... But it's still huge and it'll be a great improvement on our current situation. Right now when we're busy we'd like to bring in some help but we can't because we don't have a place to put them. There's just not enough space. Machines have to be rolled out of the way to use other machines and stuff like that. The only real thing I don't like is that there are no windows. AT ALL. It's like it was built by Jehovah's Witnesses or something. (you know, cause their churches don't have windows...) I would love some natural light but it isn't to be. I thought a could convince them to make a window, especially because thete isn't a door big enough to get our big paper cutter inside. I said they could knock a hole in the back wall for the cutter and then just have a 9 foot picture window there. They weren't quite as enthused about my idea as I was. They told me I could hang pictures of the outside on the walls. I can't make a plant grow with a picture of the sun. >:-(

Fall made it. It was late but it's here now. It's chicken & dumplings weather. Makes me want to hibernate. Makes me wish we had a fireplace or a wood stove. I'll settle for a giant warm cuddly puppy dog. :-)

It's 9:00 and I'm tired. I wish I could say that was abnormal but I'm an "early to bed, late to rise" kind of person.

No comments:

Post a Comment