Sunday, February 28, 2010

Work has slowed down a little. And I got a raise! I guess all our hard work in bindery the last few months got their attention.

Yesterday I took my family to see the new building. I had planned on it being me, DH, my parents and my brother. But then Dad said Grandpa wanted to see it and then my uncle and aunt came along too. It was quite the group! Mark the area manager was there and he was trying to cut some business cards. As soon as he recognized me (I was wearing makeup and nice clothes) he said, "Oh, good! Can you help me cut these?" So Dad and my uncle and grandpa and brother made their own tour while Mom and my aunt and DH watched me work. Mark said I am an artist on the cutter! That made me feel good that he was willing to give me such a high compliment in front of my family. After I finished the cards I took everyone around the new shop and then we ate at Cracker Barrel for lunch. We spent over 2 hours in there talking. I like having family that enjoys being around each other!

After that I dropped DH off and I went to Lowes and bought a celebratory Hoya for getting the raise. It was a good excuse. The beginning of March also would have been a good reason to buy a Hoya. I came home with H. lacunosa "Royal Flush" in the large black Exotic Angel pot. It is really pretty!


Then I took Tuvok to the dog park. He had sooo much fun and wore himself completely out. The evening was spent watching Olympics.

Today I was going to get up earlyish and we were going to go to church. But when I tried to wake up DH he was EXTREMELY grumpy and said he didn't feel good. I didn't feel like pressuring him so I laid there for a few more minutes... then all of a sudden it was 11:00! Hmph.

So I watched lots of olympics again until after lunch and then I got up and watered plants and planted some flower seeds and potted up my tree ivy that I got last week. Then I went to Wal Mart and then I made a new potting mix for when I repot stuff.

Potting Mix
1 part fine pine bark from Green Country Soil
1 part decomposed granite
1 part pearlite
1 part potting soil

I only put in the potting soil to guarantee nutrients for the plants until I find an appropriate fertilizer to use. That's one of my next research topics. I mixed that all in a big rubbermaid tub.

After that I was tired. I did a little research on my future sulcata tortoise aaaand that's about it! DH wanted me to bake something but I'm out of energy for the day. He'll have to wait. He was sick to his stomach all day so he doesn't need any sweets anyway.

I have noticed a huge difference in my energy levels when I take my B vitamins versus when I forget. It's so hard to remember to take them at 10:00 in the morning. Perhaps I should set an alarm on my phone or something.

This week DH has a haircut and we have a counseling appointment. Oh! And on Friday we get to go to the Philharmonic!! The inlaws have season tickets to the symphony but they can't go to this one. They're doing all John Williams stuff!!! It is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your raise! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete