Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snowing again

I want some tea, but the cat is sitting on my lap. If you know cats, especially MY cat, you understand why I can't get up yet. Even though my feet are going to sleep.

It is snowing again. Yesterday was warm so hopefully it'll melt quickly once it stops. Snow is pretty but I'm ready for spring now. The wind seems to have died down a little and the snow has lightened significantly. Maybe it's done? I'll have to look at the radar.

oh! Speaking of radar, we were watching the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics last night (DVR'ed) and they were talking about the weather causing problems for the skiiers. They showed the "radar" image of the storm. HA! It was like an 8-bit image of color blobs on top of a huge area! I don't often realize how advanced our weather is here in OK. On OK radar, you can see exactly when what level of storm is hitting your house. You can watch the radar and the sky and they sync up exactly. We have such high resolution weather imaging here. I'm spoiled I guess. Sometimes I forget that it isn't necessary in other parts of the world and when I see their weather forcasting it seems... pathetic. I don't mean to offend but wow. I've got it good. I suppose if Vancouver had tornadoes hit it all the time they'd have fancy weather imaging too.

I need tea. The cat's just going to have to move.

....

So I got up and put the water on and my left leg is totally asleep. Hip to toe! Ah, but it was worth it. Lilly was hugging me. :-)

Here in a few minutes I need to get DH up and see if he's ready to go back to church yet. He's been having panic attacks on Sunday mornings. I guess the thought of so many people he doesn't know and feel comfortable with is making him go all crazy. Our therapist says it a part of the grieving process. He lost his mentor unexpectedly back in November and it hit him really hard. I miss church. Sometimes I go without him but sometimes I feel that he needs me here. He's getting closer to going back. He wants to but is scared. I'm not sure how hard to push him.

Lillibutt's back on my lap but this time my feet are resting on the chair beside me. Hopefully that'll be more comfortable for longer. My cat is so spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment