Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sunny Day

The sun is out today and I feel better about things. There are sparrows and juncos eating the birdseed on my back porch and the cats and I like to watch them out of our new back door.

My goals for the weekend include (but are not limited to) painting the saucers that go with DH's plant pots, working on/finishing the scarf I started last week, visiting Hobby Lobby and Petsmart, clean off the bar area, wash the drywall mud off the ceiling.

See, when we moved into our house there was a box above the bar. Someone decided in the 1970's that it would be a good idea to cut off the view to and from the kitchen and so installed a completely useless box above the bar. We removed it when we moved in but never got around to washing off the mud. The popcorn ceiling is painted so it won't take much effort. We just don't look up at the ceiling that often and we forget.

Here's the kitchen as we bought it.


Here is is today. notice the drywall mud on the ceiling, the new pretty back door, the complete change in decor, and the mess on the bar that I need to clean.



I also want to read more in my book about the immune system. Froggi let me borrow one of her favorite immunology textbooks. So far it is very interesting and easy to understand. I am such a nerd that I read textbooks!

Did I do a final review of that other book I was reading? Well, I just have a few pages left and then I'll do a separate final review. It is a free book on gutenberg.org.

I'm going to finish that book now I think. Or maybe bake something. Or maybe finish the book and then write a review while I bake something. :-)

I am feeling so much happier today! Is it the sun, or Saturday, or a great evening with friends, or my new supplements? I don't know but I'll take it!

1 comment:

  1. I liked reading that last paragraph!

    No matter the reason, be grateful.

    You made an improvement in that great kitchen by removing the box and I love the new doors.

    ReplyDelete