Saturday, February 19, 2011

So it turns out, the reason we've been having management enimas for three weeks is because they were trying to find out why jobs aren't getting done in the right order. It took them three weeks to figure out that its because nobody bothers to tell us what the right order is. If they had simply communicated any of this to us we could have avoided the whole mess. They seem to think that they know everything and we know nothing, even though we're the ones who do the job. I know that happens in just about every company but it still irks me. They just about destroyed all the teamwork that the three of us had. But on Friday after work we had a bindery meeting and talked about everything for about 45 minutes. We are determined to keep our team mentality because we had a really good thing going. The only thing we were missing is information on which jobs were needed first. Now that we have a trial system in place, we think we can do what we were doing before but with more efficiency. As long as we're allowed to. Management has tried to change the way we do just about everything in the recent weeks. Hopefully with a united front we can convince them that we aren't monkeys or idiots and we actually know how to do the job we're paid to do.

I hope that paragraph doesn't ever come back and get me fired. I am much calmer about the whole situation now than I was this week. I still think this is a good company and I enjoy my job and care about the family. I just wish they would communicate with us.

In other news, I took the plants outside today. It occured to me that I should have taken them out several days ago but I didn't realize the weather was going to be this nice for this long. I opened both the back doors and it was awesome. The cats explored outside for a long time. I wish I had the energy to build them an outdoor enclosure so they could play outside but not get out of the backyard.

I do have much more energy now. I took the dog for 2 walks this week. I would have walked every evening but I was only home before dark two nights. This new vitamin regimin is working wonders. Now I just have to build my stamina back up. It is still a struggle to stay on top of the depression but I'm gradually getting stronger. Even though I'm getting vitamin D in pill form, the nice weather does great things for my disposition. Also I got some liver detox tea. It is from a tea company that I trust so I'm not worried about the new (to me) herbs. They are all well known herbs and there is a lot of evidence to support that they help the liver flush toxins better. I also got another bottle of the probiotics that I took a while back. They worked nicely and I've been feeling the need for another round. I figured a probiotic stint and a liver detox stint would go well together.

I'm considering a more radical approach to weight loss. I keep creeping up and I can't seem to stop it. I eat as healthily as I ever have. I don't overeat except when I've cut back too much and I feel like I'm going to starve to death if I don't gorge myself. I can't handle being hungry. My brain and body shut down. It is literally like I have two choices: eat, or be unconsious. If I can find a safe appetite supressant I think it would help a lot. I have toyed with the idea of doing the hCG diet. I already pretty much eat that way anyway. Now would be the perfect time, since I have no stamina and you're not supposed to excersize until the hormone part of the diet is over. DH is about ready to go another round and it would be a lot easier if we did it together. He was initially really upset about me doing it, but I asked him if he had any side effects. He didn't. So once he thought about his experience on the diet he was less opposed to it. The liver and colon cleansing would be much easier if I were also on the hCG diet. Less food moving through the system allows it to focus on healing and detoxification rather than digestion. We'll have to see.

I got an email from DH's grandmother today. I am to expect a suprise in the mail sometime around the 27th. I don't usually like suprises but I'm really excited about this one! I don't know what it is but it might either be pottery or something for my garden. Yeee! I can't wait!

Lrrr is still doing well. He swims and eats and swims some more. He is curious about things that go on within his view. He seems to like visits from Bones. Although I think Bones forgets he's there most of the time. It is about time to do his first tank cleaning. I need to get up in the attic and find the fish vacuum. It vacuums the gravel, not the fish. You know, just in case you were concerned.

Bones is in another growth spurt. He's 4 months old now. Everything he does is still absolutely adorable. He spread ringworm to Lillibutt so I have to cream her every night too. Bones and Tuvok are recovering now so that's nice. Ringworm is the pits. It is making Lilly very grumpy. I would be grumpy too if my face itched all over.

I found peduncles on my Krimson Princess and pubicalyx Hoyas this week. That was exciting. Royal Flush has a "flush" (heheh, get it) of blooms. It smells really nice. Most of my hoyas have new growth on them. The only other buds are on my Lenten Rose and some of the daffodils out front. I am so glad spring is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment