Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I am really glad I went in to work on Saturday. Monday was insane. Today was better. My back is really tight. It doesn't actually hurt, but it isn't comfortable either. I put my corn bag on it last night and it didn't seem to make much of a difference. The only muscle relaxer I know of that isn't prescription is alcohol. Alcohol makes me dizzy. Being dizzy makes me throw up. So that's not really any better than a prescription muscle relaxer. One half of a Flexeril puts me out of commission for at least 18 hours. I should send the dog to massage school.

My two bindery coworkers and I had a little brainstorming session today about how to make bindery run better. Since no one is in charge, some things have been falling through the cracks. I don't know that we came to any conclusions but at least we're communicating about it. We all like the idea of having meeting-ettes 2-3 times a day to make sure everyone is on track and all the jobs are going like they're supposed to. The production manager comes back from vacation tomorrow so that should help a little. He knows about all the jobs and what happens to them and when they're due and whether they mail or what not. The only problem is he doesn't always tell us. So I'm hoping that if we're more on the ball we'll know what questions to ask him so we can do the jobs quickly and correctly. That's the plan anyway.

I hate standard time. It was dark when I got home from work. The dog wants a walk but it is dark. I can't give him a rawhide because of his allergy food trial. DH is trying to cuddle him. He is not a happy dog. He's about to be less happy when I give him his bath later. I was supposed to do that this weekend, and then yesterday. Tonight he will be washed!

DH's cataract surgery is Thursday. I'm taking off all day. He'll probably be in the hospital most of the day since they're doing general anaesthesia. I need to find things to keep me busy in a waiting room and a recovery room for 12 hours or so. I'm pretty sure the hospital will have wi-fi, so that's good. Maybe I can find some old plant catalogs and plan the work flowerbeds more. The lady that's doing them with me and the CEO both want the beds to look awesome but they have no knowledge of names or care of plants so I can't really have a meaningful discussion with them without a picture of the plant in question. Maybe I can make a notebook or something.

I have several little crochet projects I can work on. Hats and booties and mittens and the like. I just have to get all the projects organized so I take the right yarn.

I can make a list of landscape projects that need to be done for when my family comes to help.

Or maybe I'll take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment