Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 4: Gluten Free

I upped a bunch of my pills this weekend. More fish oil and multivitamins and calcium. Today I added a vitamin D supplement. I am torn between my scientific background and my desire to feel better already. I should only be adding or removing one thing at a time but I am so desperate.

So either the relatively slow work day, the vitamin D, or the new diet is helping me to feel slightly better today.

Froggi and I went to the health food store yesterday after DH and I went to Sam's and Walmart. I was so depressed. I was fighting off tears all day. Froggi noticed and so when we went over for dinner she had made me gluten free biscuits and nobake cookies, in addition to red beans and rice. Froggi and I don't hug much but she got a hug for that. Chocolate and friends are powerful things.

I got some gluten free baking mix and tonight I made banana muffins. They are pretty good. I am pleasently suprised.

I have been eating things that might have traces of wheat in them, like soy sauce and oatmeal. Really sensitive people can't do that. I should be avoiding those things but I'm not sure I can at this point. I have an appointment with Dr. K (pcp) on the 22nd so either I feel better by then or she can test for antibodies to confirm the gluten sensitivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment