Friday, January 29, 2010

Work has not slowed down at all! I am so exhausted when I get home and on the weekends. But I am thankful for the job security. There are many people who aren't blessed with consistent work like I am. I also figured out that the B vitamins I take last about 10 hours. Since I was taking them at about 6:30 in the morning the evenings were even harder. Now I'm starting to take them about 10:00 so they'll wear off about the time I'm ready to go to bed and I'll still have energy in the evenings.

We are in the 2nd day of a winter storm. Yesterday I got to work at 6:00 in the morning so we could get as much done as possible before the ice hit. I ended up leaving about 3:00. It made for a long day! We had freezing rain from about noon to 2:30 or so and then it changed to sleet. The sleet lasted until the evening and then we had a break. Sometime in the middle of the night the sleet and freezing rain picked back up again. It wasn't doing much at 7:30 but the roads were a solid sheet of ice. I decided to not risk going to work. I have a feeling there are very few people there today. I slept/dozed until noon. It was awesome!! I have been pushing very hard at work and I needed the rest. When I got up the 2nd time it had been snowing for a while already. It is still snowing. The radar is showing the back edge to be in Chickasha right now so I estimate at least a couple more hours of moderately heavy snowfall. When it ends I'll go measure.

I need to get some motivation going. The Christmas decorations are STILL up. I plan to get all that put up in the attic this weekend, along with stuff from the garage that needs to go up there. It should go a long way to getting the garage cleaned out, which is the big project we had planned for this month. I am going to try my hand at cinnamon rolls for the first time today. DH wanted some this morning but I told him they're an all day thing so now he wants them for tomorrow morning. I have been craving cinnamon rolls lately too. Saturday or Sunday I'm going to make some bread. I am borrowing a whole grain cookbook from a friend and it has the most wonderful whole wheat bread recipe! DH loves it!!

I'm going to start the cinnamon rolls. Maybe later I'll upload a bunch of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment