Monday, January 11, 2010

Today was sunny and relatively warm and I didn't get to go out and enjoy it. I was working from 7:30 to 5:15. Ugh. I know I shouldn't complain but I'm just tired and worn out. I need some sunshine.

Today was day 1 of eating well. I had my steel cut oats with soy powder for breakfast, a salad of romaine, avocado, tomato, chicken, and snow peas for lunch, a tangelo for a snack in the morning, some triscuts for the afternoon snack, and a bowl of popcorn and some tomato juice for dinner. I may have some soy milk or something in a little bit. I don't know. DH begged and pleaded for brownies but I didn't give in. Oh yeah. I had a square of 86% chocolate after lunch.

So I've pondered something on and off for a while now and it came up again today. They say God should be your first priority, followed by your family, and then work. But work has to be first, or at least second. Because if you don't put everything you have into your job, you don't have your job anymore. I can't just walk out at 5:00 if the work isn't done. I use all the energy I have at work and then I don't have anything left for my supposed higher priorities. If other people have this same problem, wouldn't there be some way of dealing with it? Do I just not have the same amount of energy as other people? Am I just lazy? How do I put my home first and not get in trouble at work? I spend more time there than anywhere else and I can't change that. That's the way it has to be.

Sorry, I'm just feeling depressed today. I'll be better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment