Friday, January 29, 2010

Here are some pictures of our snow today. I took them as the sun was setting so the light was gorgeous.






I called my aunt Margo to see how they fared the storm down near Lawton. They were without power and had no heat or way to cook food. We offered to let them stay with us if they needed to. A few hours later she called me back and accepted. We raced to get the house cleaned up and ready for her, the two kids, a large collie, a chihuahua, a cat, and a turtle. When my uncle gets in from San Antonio he'll stay here too. We don't know yet if he'll make it tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Lawton is expected to not have electricity until Tuesday and they live near a small town by Lawton so they could be here for a while! They're bringing lots of food and stuff to do so hopefully it'll all be ok. Tuvok and Lady the collie will have fun together. She stayed with us after Christmas and they were fast friends. Lilly will not be so happy.

I am glad that we're able to help them out. We don't often get an opportunity to help others in such a big way. I have nobake cookies and fresh homemade cinnamon rolls cooling on the counter. I hope I can make their stay as pleasant as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment