Sunday, December 5, 2010

I ended up working for about 4 hours on Saturday. They're hiring a new person soon to help take the load off. That'll be nice. But until then I'm kind of enjoying the overtime. DH has a nasty cold. If I get it I'll need the built up time at work. I don't get sick leave. But also, I like being completely immersed in whatever I'm doing. All the extra time at work actually makes me feel more comfortable. I don't like flitting between different things. And at work I feel appreciated. Not only do they pay me for what I do, but they give me compliments and thanks. That makes me feel good and I want to do an even better job.

Tonight I made banana muffins for DH and I tried a new recipe for maple sugar cookies. They taste good. On some of them I dusted cinnamon, some got colored sugars, and some are plain. I think frosting would overpower the subtle maple flavor.

I was supposed to plant the rest of my bulbs this weekend but it was really cold. They'll wait. Today I slept a bunch and watched a bunch of tv. Since DH was sleeping all day I didn't even feel guilty about it. Ok maybe I felt a little guilty. There's lots of stuff that needs to be done. I did run the dishwasher so I wasn't completely useless. :-)

Ok, time to go take a shower and go to bed. I need to try to get to work early.

No comments:

Post a Comment