Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I am baking. I am making peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin muffins, and a peanut butter pie. And I'm getting paid for them. I think I've decided I'm just not going to bake at Christmastime unless someone requests something. This is the time of year when all the little bakers come out of the woodwork and there are bags of puppy chow and chocolate covered pretzels as far as the eye can see. I am more than happy to sit back and enjoy their creations. And it's probably best if I don't learn how to make Oreo truffles. Those things are like crack.

Like most years, I am ready for Christmas to be over already. I didn't even bother to decorate. We didn't do very many presents. I'm just blah about it. Maybe its because I've had health issues this fall. I just want to hunker down and wait for spring.

The house is full of animals. The hissing has really diminished today and that is nice. Spike and Ripley and Kayla are staying under the bed for the most part. Millie(dog) just paces around and Ash is a chinchilla. He sleeps all day.

I need two ovens.

Work is still insane. We have 4 enormous mailers that have to drop by Friday. We have the first one ready to go, the second is done with the machine part of the inserting and is getting the rest inserted by hand, and then the third just started on the machine today. The second and third mailers have to be sealed after they are all stuffed and I was doing that at the end of the day. We brought down the metering machine because is is the fastest sealer we have. I got a rhythm going and I got about 50 trays sealed in an hour and a half. The metering machine hardly stopped the whole time. I got compliments from both bosses that were there and I even got an exploding fist bump from the President. Exploding fist bumps and "good job"s are about the highest praise you can get from him so I'm pleased.

Oh, and the 4th mailer? Yeah, we get to put stickers and address labels on magazines and sort them all wierd. That will hopefully start tomorrow. Then we have to finish up a really pain-in-the-butt book that we've been working on for like a week now. We've had help from the other stores working on that book so I'm not even sure what is going on with it. Oh, and we had 115 big posters that had to be done yesterday but it took like 4 days to print them all out. Other than that its just normal bindery stuff. In fact, other than all that, we're pretty slow right now!

Ok, I gotta go find a peanut butter pie recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment