Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Sickness Continues

This thing is just NASTY. DH has it too. I'm on day 3 of 5 of the z-pack and I think I'm feeling betterish but my lungs and head still fill up with gunk periodically. I have to be better soon, right?

We got about 4 or 5 inches of snow yesterday. I didn't bother taking any pictures. After this winter we ALL know what snow looks like. It is nice to see green grass popping up through the stuff this time. My daffodils are not happy. When I was a kid, Mom and I would go out and pick them the day before a freeze. I thought they would die if they got frozen but apparently they don't. Doesn't mean they like it though.

I've been thinking about trellises lately. My new hoya has a trellis and so I started looking at my other plants in a new light. I've never used climbing structures for houseplants before. It is a whole new way of thinking. Well, not really, but my brain isn't firing on all thrusters this week if you know what I mean. I have 3 Hederas (Ivy) that are climbers, 2 philodendrons that would appreciate something to scramble over, a couple of hoya cuttings that will need to be trellised when they mature, and possibly my Syngonium. I don't know how long it takes a juvenile Syngonium to start vining but supposedly they do eventually. Ihave been unsuccessful in locating cheap bamboo trellises locally so far. I have a couple more places I can go. I did find a nice selection of metal ones at Lowes the other day and I know Basket Market and Hobby Lobby carry that stuff. Michael's might too. Hey look, I'm rambling. I'll come back after my tea and maybe I'll make more sense.

~~

Tea didn't help. I think I may try to take a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment