Sunday, December 6, 2009

A nasty cold has been circulating at work. I can tell my immune system is valiantly battling the virus. I'm run down and I have some very very slight cold symptoms occasionally. But I've been taking a bunch of vitamin C and I'm doing ok. DH on the other hand... poor guy. Chemo really kills the immune system and the effects last the rest of your life.

Incidentally, I didn't get as much done this weekend as I wanted. Sleep has been very important. The kitchen exploded. I tried cleaning it a little but it still is messy. I got the big kitchen hole cleaned out and I'm about ready to wallpaper it. I got some textured paintable wallpaper that looks like wainscoating. Then I'll reinstall the floor of the shelf area (and the ceiling of the cabinet area) and wallpaper that (I think) or maybe just paint it. Then I have to install the framing for the shelves and paint all that and then I can put in the rope lighting and the glass shelves and it'll be done. Of course, that's a lot of work and I don't know if I'll get it all done by next weekend. I'd like to have it finished by the jewelry party.

I need to make a list. Lists are comforting to me. My brain isn't good at holding a lot of information and the list helps me keep my brain calmed down and organized and I can make sure I don't forget anything.

This week I need to finish the shelves and clean the house. I need to finish decorating too. There are some gifts I want to make and I'd like to get started on them. I feel overwhelmed. I don't have enough energy to get this done.

Ok. Enough pouting. Back to work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment