Saturday, December 26, 2009

I'm drinking some looseleaf Yunnan tea that I made in my teapot. Erik made some coffee in his new french press and is listening to the kindle read the newspaper. It is a nice morning! I feel happy and content.

If the roads are ok, I might go to the Gourmet Yarn Company and peruse their sale. Froggi (BFF) and her mom want to go. SIL (Sister in law) might want to go too. I wish Mom could be here to come along but the roads are too bad. I miss her and want to share the yarn store with her. Soon.

I'd like to find my snow pants. If I do, I'll take my fancy new camera and a broken down box to the park. The camera is for taking snow pictures. The box is for sledding down the giant hill in the park. :^)

I would take Tuvok too but I'm not comfortable with him being out in the cold snow that long. He has very thin fur. He needs boots and a coat to handle these temperatures.

Along with the camera, yarn, and cookie scoops, I got some Estee Lauder Pleasures Intense perfume. I lost my perfume in the move 3 years ago and haven't gotten any since then. But now I have more and that is nice! I got an amazon gift card and a visa debit gift card. That's a relatively small amount of items compared to the rest of the family but the camera is like 4 big items put together! DH actually told FIL to use part of the money they would normally spend on him to get me the camera. He's the best husband in the whole world! I love him so much!!

In the past, the inlaws have asked for wish lists and then deliberately not gotten anything on the list. Don't get me wrong, I am not materialistic and I am thankful that they want to get us gifts. But why ask for a list only to ignore it? That can be very disappointing on Christmas day. This year I didn't put the camera on the list on purpose and had a very small list with inexpensive items. I was expecting at least a couple of things not on my list but they got all the things I really wanted! And really, I don't want to sound like a spoiled kid. I am very thankful for their generosity each year. But there's something awesome about opening up so many things that you've been wanting for so long!

Anyway, what to do today.... I think I'll spend some time on amazon.com. I need screen protectors for my camera. I'm not sure what else I'll get with the gift card. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment