Monday, January 31, 2011

Another discouraging doctor's appointment

We went to see my PCP today. We told her about the rheumatologist being unable to help me. She decided to refer me to an endocrinologist that "thinks outside the box". I'm all for it. So far the box hasn't been much help to me. She said that with conditions like mine you have to wait and see. It takes time to fit all the pieces together. We were not really happy to hear that. She didn't have any problems with my supplement plans. Oh, did I talk about that yet?

I ordered some stuff from Vitacost.com. When it comes in I'll be taking a ton of pills each day. I have fish oil and CoQ10 and B's and C's and E's and D's and a big prenatal multivitamin. THe prenatal had the best profile of all of the ones I looked at. I also got something called DMAE and some lecithin granules. But if I feel better I think it'll be worth it.

The doc gave me a free glucose monitor. I display symptoms of hypoglycemia so I'm supposed to test my sugar when I crash before meals.

Oklahoma is closed tomorrow. We're in a blizzard warning. Some models are predicting 18" of snow. Wind chills way below zero. People were so panicked today that there were tons of wrecks all over the highways. The weather hasn't even gotten here yet! And I witnessed a beating. I think it was road rage induced. I was waiting for the light to turn green and a guy got out of his car and another guy got out of his car and one started wailing on the other one. He had him on the ground in an instant and punched his face over and over and over. I have never witnessed anything like that. I wanted to beat up the guy but I knew that would get me hurt so I just sat there dumbfounded like everyone else around me. The lady in front of me must have been a medical person (scrubs and a name tag) because she was on the phone with 911 right away and as soon as the assailant left she went over to check on the victim. He was half knocked out and his girlfriend was trying to get him up but she couldn't. They finally made it back to the car and drove off. Once I got my wits about me DH had me call 911 to give more info. They said the victim didn't want to press charges so they didn't need any info but thanks anyway. It took me about half an hour to recover from the shock of it all. DH said it takes special training to be able to overcome the shock and to force yourself to action in a situation like that. I have never seen a human be that violent to another human in real life. I wanted to hurt that man. DH said I need to channel that angry energy into calling 911 and stuff. I hope I never see anything like that again.

Well, we did all the errands and now we're home for the duration. I'm going to go cuddle with DH and Tuvok on the couch and watch some TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment