Saturday, January 15, 2011

Here's shelf #1 of the new plant shelf. It is the shortest of the three. It is also going to be the dimmest with only one light fixture. So far all the plants seem happy and the cats haven't even touched it.



Here is Lillibutt and Bones hanging out in the box that our new Tuvok-proof trash can came in.



Once again I have a list of things to get done, most of which are fun things. But I still don't want to do them. I watched a couple hours of TV and now I'm messing around online some more. It is 55 degrees outside. I should take advantage of the weather and paint the rest of my plant shelves. But meh.

I made sugar cookies this week. They were yummy. I made two batches of the fluffy recipe. I have 3 sugar cookie recipes. One is flavored with mace, one is yummy with little to no frosting and one is fluffy and good for lots of frosting. I made those. I made some with chocolate and some with cream cheese frosting and I still ran out of frosting.

One of my coworkers got married yesterday so I'm going to make a congratulatory cookie cake for him tomorrow.

My grandpa's 83rd birthday is Monday. He had colon cancer last year. He still maintains a huge garden and sells the best produce in the area. I should learn his secrets I think. He uses old style farming methods though, with tractors and tilling and stuff. Maybe someday I'll have a garden that's so big I need a tractor! He made a couple thousand dollars from his produce last year and he didn't feel good for the first part of the year. The profits were from August until frost. He has waiting lists for his watermelons and cantaloupe. If there's a gardening gene, I hope I got it!

This year most of my vegetables are going to be in containers. I went out and measured all my large containers and now I'm going to go pick the brains of the gurus at Garden Web.

No comments:

Post a Comment