Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hey, hey, two in one day!

After spending a few hours shopping around in Michael's and Tuesday Morning and WalMart I got an idea. I'm going to make a stole from Vanna's Choice fancy shiny yarn in black. I'll use a ripple pattern and make it fairly open and lacy. Then I'll do a picot edging around it. On each of the points of the ripple, I'll crochet in one of those necklace clasps. That way I can add and change out charms and beads as I want. The thing on Friday is for Toyscape, which does things with Legos. The fashion show part is all stuff inspired by legos. So I'm going to get some of the thin 1x3 legos and drill the circle out of one end and put them on as charms. The clasps will be great because otherwise I wouldn't be able to do such an esoteric thing.

I did my first attempt at smokey eyes this evening. I think with another practice session or two I will be ready. I really don't like eyeliner pencils but that's what came with the kit. I like the liquid better but I only have that in brown. Oh well.


Here are some of us at work dressed up for halloween



I tried to get more photos but I can't figure out how to get them from my phone to my computer. It's late. I'll try again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment