Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tomorrow is boss's day. So I'm baking. I seem to only blog when I'm baking. I guess that's the time when I need to wait around near the oven and have nothing better to do.

Also tomorrow is my supervisor's last day. He's going to be hospice for his brother who's dying of Hepatitis C. He got it at 18 after a blood transfusion from a motorcycle wreck and it went undiagnosed until last year. He's got 3-6 months. That kind of thing makes me angry. He went through countless doctors and none of them checked his liver. Ever. Grr.

So anyway. Work is changing a little. It'll just be two of us in bindery. Robbie and I work really efficiently together so I'm not worried. My supervisor and I have been having trouble getting along lately. I think this is for the best.

This last weekend we went camping with Dave and Froggi. We went to Fort Smith- like the army fort historic site thing. We also went to Pea Ridge and Wilson's Creek battlefields. All of the state parks were full so we camped in the Ozark National Forest the first night. I cooked a pork chop on a stick. It was really funny cause I kept dropping it in the fire. The next two nights we camped in Froggi's parents' backyard. Dave taught me some nuances of building a fire. DH learned a lot about general camping. We want to practice before winter so we're going to my parents' house this weekend. There's a creek on the property so we'll find a spot there. It should be fun.

That is all. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are enjoying camping; I found out many years ago that it was not my thing!

    It should have been because the kids loved it....

    When you were at Wilson's Creek, you were in my neck of the woods. I have been there several times. The Civil War period is my favorite time in history. I had lots of relatives who served. They were all from Christian County, Mo.

    ReplyDelete