Sunday, May 8, 2011

Recent Pictures and Backyard Tour.

The tomato container garden is finished.  I am tired and sunburned but happy.  I still have lots more things to plant but I'm going to take a break for a while.

This is a dry line forming just east of us...again.  It was a few weeks ago.  We're supposedly getting storms in the next few days though.


Here's the sunset that night.


I picked up this Hoya wayetti at Lowes


Here's the nest that the House Finches are building in my Krimson Princess


At the arts festival there was a place where you could decorate your own pottery and they would fire it Raku style.  It was cool.



Here' the tomato container garden.



Here is the herb container.  It has rosemary, cuban oregano, stevia, regular oregano, pineapple sage, and thyme.

Here's the orange climbing rose.  It isn't growing very fast.


This is the native grapevine.  I need to get a female to go with it.


Here's the hyacinth bean


The irises.  Only the purple ones had blooms and not very many.  Time to divide.


The fig tree sent to me by DH's grandmother.  Can't wait for figs!!


Don't know what this is so I'm letting it flower.  This is a good year to let the volunteer plants in the yard flower since the grass isn't growing and I don't have to mow.


There are sand plums here.  You'll have to trust me.


1 comment:

  1. I'm seeing loads of wonderful, beautiful green! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete