Saturday, March 19, 2011

Vacation, continued

It posted! Look at that!

Anyway, Last week I was tired and my back hurt a lot. By the time Wednesday came I was more than ready for some time off. Mom came on Tuesday night and we got ready to go to Fort Worth on the train. The train was really fun except for Hayley. She was a 7 year old who was used to being bombarded with entertainment but her family brought nothing for her to do on the train. Not even a book or crayons or a game boy. Nothing. No 7 year old is going to be content to look at 4 hours of scenery! So she was very active and talkative the whole time. We were ready to feed her a Benadryl by the time we got off the train. They were headed to San Antonio. We felt really bad for that family.

Then we spent 3 days doing NOTHING!!! I used 8 skeins of yarn and got about halfway done with my big afghan. I downloaded some fact sheets onto Mom's computer about woodlots and stuff. We walked around downtown Fort Worth. We ate at yummy restaraunts. I showered in a huge shower with body spray nozzles and two shower heads. I took a jacuzzi with epsom salts and lavender oil. I slept a lot. I feel so much better!

We were there visiting my aunt who was on location there this week. She does computer training for her company all over the US. She's in Ft. Worth about a week each month so all the hotel people know her and love her. We got the best service I've ever had! She asked me to take pictures from our window at night but I didn't have my tripod. I did the best I could but I really want to go back and try again with my tripod.





Also, my Red Lion Amaryllis is blooming. My white wedding is about to open and I'm really excited to be able to cross them! Last year I crossed Red Lion and Minerva. I have 28 babies from that cross. In two more years they should start to bloom and I'll see what I got!



All my plants are outside tonight. I put them out when I got home today. They should be able to stay out into next week. Some of them are really hurting. Spring is a good time to be a plant.

But now I'm going to go to bed and cuddle my husband. I haven't cuddled in days.

No comments:

Post a Comment