Monday, March 7, 2011

I was going to post yesterday. Really, I was. But then I tried to upload 5 pictures at once and it gave me an error message and then I gave up.

Last Sunday we had the massage class. It was really good. DH learned a lot and he is making huge strides in massage therapy. :-)

Tuesday DH went to the doctor and had blood tests. The doc wants to see him to talk about the results so we go back tomorrow. Work was busy all week.

Saturday morning we went to the National Weather Service Storm Spotter Training. It was very informative and cool. We learned about some great online resources and we learned the best ways to report storms, hail, tornadoes, etc. We went with Dave and Froggi and afterwards they took us to their fish store. It was cool and DH once again resolved to get his fish tank back out.

When we got home I took a nap because I got like 2 hours of sleep the night before. I had had a margarita without any additional acid control meds. No amount of gaviscon could fix it. Ugh. At least tequila doesn't do other nasty things to my digestive system like other forms of alcohol. I don't think I could ever become addicted to alcohol; I'd be sick all the time! I'll just stick to chocolate!

After I woke up I went to pick up my newest family member. He's a California King Snake. He's very docile and doesn't seem to mind being handled. I fed him for the first time tonight and he's the easiest snake I've ever fed! He grabbed it on the first try and...well... I won't go into the details. Many snakes are very tempermental about feeding but this one sure isn't!


I did a bunch of seedling things and plant things on Sunday. DH cleaned out more of the garage while I repotted some things. Here's a small tour of the front yard.

First, we have my redbud tree. I found it in the backyard our first spring in this house. Now, in its 4th spring, it has three little buds on it!! I'm a proud tree momma!

Here's the daffodils just starting the show. This is spring #3 for them.

One of the forsythias I brought back from the family land last summer. Blooms!!

The lenten rose is blooming its little heart out. I really want more of these. They're great plants! Yes, that is a Great Dane nose.

Lemon Balm. I brought it home from the Plant Swap last spring. I haven't done anything with it in the kitchen yet but it sure smells good. I love the texture of the leaves.


Here's Bones in the windowsill. Oh, and that's my Hoya pubicalyx Red Buttons in the background that blasted its buds this week. I am very upset!


Tonight I made peanut butter cookies for one of my coworkers. It's her last day tomorrow. The babysitter is retiring and they can't find another for the price so she's staying home with the kids. I'm all for SAHM's. I would have turned out (more) wierd if Mom had worked. Love you Mom!! :-) But anyway, while at home she's going to work on some of the website stuff so she'll be in to the office occasionally.

Our power went out for a while yesterday. Apparently a backhoe knocked over a power line or something and disrupted the supply for almost 40,000 customers. Bet he feels 3 inches tall right now! Oops!

I went to Home Depot last night and found roses. I got a double knockout rose for work and an orange climbing rose for me. I also got some clearance trellises. Then we went to Walmart and I found the same knockout rose, but bigger, older, in better condition, and $2 cheaper. We took the first rose back! I planted it today. I hope it does well.

Ok, time to get ready for bed. DH fell asleep on the couch before 7:00 and he moved to the bed about 8. I get to do the closing duties tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your CA king snake! I have one who turned *16* last fall... Very docile snakes for the most part and they don't get too big (haven't measured Mojave lately but he's a bit over five feet now) so a few large mice every now and then are all you need to keep them happy. I haven't provided any supplemental heat at all in years; the winter house at 67 degrees gives him a bit of dormancy. It's spring now though, and he's up and cruising. Time to pick up some fresh food!

    ReplyDelete