Saturday, July 24, 2010

This week was pretty busy. On Tuesday I had the ultrasound for the spot they found with the MRI. They're pretty sure it isn't cancer. When I go back in January for my mammogram they'll do another MRI and ultrasound to see if it has changed any. On Wednesday I went to the endocrinologist. He believes I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis; an autoimmune disease where my immune system attacks and kills my thyroid. The hyperthyroid spell I had last summer was the beginning of it. He did an ultrasound and saw more differentiation in the tissue than normal and also it is enlarged a little. My levels are still normal and I am not showing symptoms at this point. But it is only a matter of time before my thyroid is unable to produce enough hormones. Then they'll supplement with meds from that point on. The bad part is that during the time that the thyroid is dying, it is constanly producing different levels so keeping the meds right will be a constant battle. I won't feel good a lot of the time. I don't know if that will happen soon or several years from now. It just depends on how fast the disease progresses.

Today I went to see my family. It was a lot of fun. We all hung out at my cousin's new house that they just moved into. I got a little work done on the afghan that I've had in progress for forever.

I'm tired. Maybe I'll write more tomorrow. I have to make an apple pie and maybe some cookies so I'll have a little computer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment