Monday, July 5, 2010

11th Annual 3rd of July Party

Here are some fireworks pictures from the 3rd of July party that my production manager puts on every year. This is the 11th year. We almost got rained out because of the hurricane but it cleared up just enough to have the party. Turnout was low- only about 200 people showed up. But we still had a good time. I made 4 batches of cookies and they were all gone by the end of the night.

This is my first attempt at shooting fireworks. Well, actually it's my second. But the first time was many years ago. I found an article explaining what settings work best and it gave me pretty good results. There's quite a bit of experimentation and I am really glad I have a digital camera with instant feedback.

Opening these photos in a bigger window will increase viewing pleasure.












No comments:

Post a Comment