Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I have been feeling so good that I've been doing things instead of being on the computer. I've been working in the flowerbeds a lot. I put a fence up around the vegetable garden. It's just 10 t-posts (sp?) and some twine but I'm a little sore anyway. :-) Work is pretty busy despite having the new guy around. I guess that's a good sign. Job security and all that. I've mowed twice already. My lawn is full of "weeds" which means it's lush and green and there's beautiful flowers all over the place. I look at some of the other lawns that are brown and dead still and I just don't get it. But I'm sure they're not real happy about my "weedy" lawn either. Someday I'll live in the country and I can have all the weeds I want!

This Saturday I went to the family property. In the morning a few of us went mushroom hunting. I found one. We waited until too late in the morning and the deer had already chowed down. Everywhere you would think would be a perfect place to find mushrooms, there were nuzzle marks in the leaf litter. Oh well. I really enjoyed romping through the woods. Then we hung out and fixed lunch. The whole second generation and part of the third (my generation) showed up and we had a meeting with my grandfather. He told us about what his final wishes are and all that end of life stuff. He is technically cancer free at the moment but he's 81 and the treatments took a real toll on his body. He wanted to make sure he told us all we needed to know before he got too sick to do so. He sold 10 acres of the land to his new wife's kids but we get the other 30 acres. It is mainly cross-timbers and cedar with a creek running through. I have so many memories of growing up there and I'm glad he's letting it stay in our family. We were worried for a little while that he would give it all to the step family. Here are some pictures I took while I was there.

This is a neat wind whirligig thing.


These are bluets. They are tiny little flowers but I have a wonderful camera that can take macro pictures!




Here are some grape hyacinths





This morning I woke up a little before 4:00. I dozed until 5 but I finally got up. I guess I was thinking too loud or something. I made a double batch of biscuits for work. I probably should have waited a little longer but they're in the insulated carrier thing with the heat pack and everything. I probably have time to bake something else. But I won't. One of these days I'm going to bring breakfast biscuits. With the egg and cheese and everything. But not today. They're just getting honey and butter and jellies today. My poor coworkers! LOL!

An oak tree leafing out


Redbud up close


Daffodil

No comments:

Post a Comment