Thursday, April 8, 2010

Boy was I tired by the end of yesterday! Today was much better but I still don't have as much energy as I've had lately. I'm making a cake tonight for a birthday at work. We're also having a cookout. It should be a lot of fun.

DH is being needy tonight. He's tired and grumpy and that means he wants me sitting there next to him and doting on him and stuff. I'm not a doter. I'm more of a loner. He's complaining that we spend all day apart and then we spend all evening apart too. Whatever. We may not be touching the whole time but we're around each other. I like to cuddle in the morning and by the end of the day I don't want to be touched or messed with that much. DH is the opposite. We have opposite body temperature fluxuations too. I go to bed cold and wake up hot. He is the opposite. Mom always says it's because God has a sense of humor. Sometimes it is funny but other times it just seems a little cruel. Oh well.

I have big plans for the weekend. I have lots of cucurbits to plant in trays. This is the year of the cucurbits. I have planned pickling cucumbers, slicing cucumbers, yellow squash, zucchini, pattypan squash, watermelon, amish melon, cantaloupe, buttercup squash, and pumpkins. The only other vegetables I'll be planting are corn, pole beans, bush beans, okra, tomatoes, bell peppers, and eggplant. Ok, maybe that's a lot too. Hm.. I'm wanting to grow so many edibles that I'm using space in my front flowerbeds. The chard is in Bed 1, the bush beans will go in bed 2, and the pattypans will be in bed 3 along with any sweet potatoes I happen to procure! Oh, and maybe one or two of the melons. Well, at least there won't be any sun hitting the ground for the weeds to grow! One can only hope....

Anyway, I'm going to the Farmer's Market in Norman on Saturday morning. Then DH and I are going to mulch bed 3. I have some houseplants in desperate need of repotting and many of them can find summer homes on the porches. I have lots of programs clogging up the DVR that I need to watch. Seriously! I NEED to watch them! Most of them are educational.

I have apples in the fridge still. I haven't gotten around to making that pie yet. Perhaps Froggi can come over and we can hang out and make it together. I want it to be for them anyway. Froggi is such a great friend. She's always doing stuff for us and I feel like I don't give back very much. Maybe now that I'm feeling better I can do more for her. Not sure WHAT exactly but...

The cake is cool enough to frost now. I need to figure out a decoration. One guy at work suggested boobies but I was hoping for something a little more- appropriate? Perhaps I'll search google.

Here's one of the views on the family land. Mom wants to build their house with this view out the back. Pappaw used to garden down there. He had the best corn and huge sweet potatoes!



Mom made this afghan. She's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment