Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hot already

We've been fortunate having a long spring.  But it is hot today.  A cool front is expected this evening and I am looking forward to it.  I don't want to mow when it's 90F.  My thyroid meds make me not able to handle the heat.

Speaking of meds, I'm on a good level with the thyroid and the depression I think.  I have a lot of energy.  Still not all that talkative.

Part of that may be that I have to see the public a lot for my job and so I need lots of alone time to recover from that.  I'm an introvert and being extroverted for my job is a suprisingly difficult thing.  It is work.  I had to be a vendor at a workshop this last week and it was exhausting.

My angel trumpet and cosmos began blooming this week.  So did the pattypan squash.  I need to wrap the stems in foil again to keep out the squash vine borers.  I wrapped them when they were smaller but it has all fallen off. I also have gotten two tomatoes from the Early Girl I bought in early March.

Lilly is weird.  She is on the counter rubbing her face on my spice rack.  She has removed it from the wall.  I have never seen her do this before.  Odd.

I figured out one of my mystery plants is a penstemon.  So that's cool.  It has reddish leaves and white tubular flowers.  I hope it attracts pollinators.

I'm now in the process of thinning the cosmos plants.  They reseed like mad.  I'm leaving the ones that are going to bloom first and pulling the others.  I hate pulling out a growing plant, especially a flower, but last year they were all crowded and unhealthy.

Ok.  that's all for now.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment