Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'm baking again. Last Saturday I made a cookie cake for one of my coworkers because his kid is doing so well in school after having a really tough year last year. Kevin (coworker) had never managed to get one of my baked goods home. He'd take cookies for his family but he'd always eat them before he got home. So his family apparently decided they liked the cookie cake because I'm making two more for them tonight. One is for the game (OU-Texas weekend) and one is a birthday cake for their friend. The thing I'm most proud of is that I got the crimson color right! I tried for the other cake but it was a disaster. It was red, and then I added some yellow and then it was Texas orange. So I added more colors and made it brown. Brown is better than Texas orange!

But this time I did some looking around on the internet and discovered the secret is adding a little cocoa powder. I got a really nice crimson this time. Maybe not quite red enough but close.

Work is still insane. I hurt all over. I'm going to shower and go to bed now. DH is going to give me a backrub because he's the bestest!

No comments:

Post a Comment