Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Oh. Right. I have a blog.

Yeah...  been busy, tired, lazy, pick one.

I've been at my new job for a month now, so that means I'm at the part of the learning curve where I screw up everything I touch.  Yay!  I hope I pass this phase quickly.  M and I have talked about some ways I can get all the stuff in my head faster.  Hopefully that'll help.

Still doing really cool stuff.  I got to go to a rock quarry, a transmission rebuilder, and an air traffic control tower.  Yesterday and today I'm sampling at one of the local hospitals. 

Tuvok and I attended the Bark For Life last weekend.  It is a fundraising event for the American Cancer Society, put on by Relay For Life.  Tuvok got lots of comments and compliments and won tallest dog.  He did so well with all the other dogs and people and I even took off the gentle leader after the first few minutes.  The gentle leader prevents the dog from pulling but they hate to wear it.  He didn't even need it once he got over his initial excitement of seeing his friends Lulu, Abby, and Jersey...and GRANDMA!!  He loves my mom so much!

She came to visit the weekend before and she was making turtle toys for the Bark.  Tuvok loved the turtle and he even fetched it for Mom.  He has literally NEVER played fetch before.  Never saw the point I guess.  But he played with Grandma!  He carried the turtle around in his mouth most of the day.  It was hilarious.  And then, when she left, he had no more interest in it.  He's a weird dog.

Bones slept on Grandma all night and Lilly loved and rubbed all over her while I brushed her.  Everyone had special Grandma time!

It has been unseasonably warm all Spring.  All the plants are confused.


Last year the redbud had 4 flower clusters.  Look at it now!







My kale is flowering

Redbud flower

The cat shelves were a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment